EXCITING NEWS FOR IRISH DANCERS!
CRC is going to a DAY CAMP in New York for summer 2020! Over the last few weeks, our team has been developing our DAY CAMP program following the guidelines and regulations put out by the CDC and the New York State Health Department. Our DAY CAMP will still have ALL the dancing and fun our overnight program had! We are capping our numbers to provide a safe environment and proper social distancing, space is LIMITED!
NY DAY CAMP DATES
Session 1: July 12th-17th
Session 2: July 19th- 24th
Session 3: July 26th – 31st
What health and safety precautions are you taking to keep campers and staff safe during camp?
We will still continue to take all the steps necessary to provide a safe experience for our campers and staff.
- We have rented the entire resort of Gavin’s Irish Country Inn, therefore the resort is closed to the public during the camp week.
- Temperatures will be taken every morning at drop-off, ALL STAFF will have their temperatures taken daily as well.
- Campers and Staff will go through an in-depth Health Screening at the beginning of camp
- Teach and reinforce hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and increase monitoring to ensure adherence among campers and staff.
- Teach and reinforce the use of cloth face coverings. All staff will be wearing face coverings
- 2 On-site Registered Nurses 24/7
- Meals will be staggered to promote social distancing
- We will not have buffet style meals, only packaged meals
- We will be utilizing more outdoor stages with tents to promote social distancing and use of outdoor space. There will also be some classes inside with A/C and plenty of room for social distancing.
- Dance spaces will be sanitized between groups and at the end of the day
- Extra hand washing stations will be available around campus
- Group sizes will be small (8-10) and will be contained in a ‘pod’ format which means not intermingling of other groups
- Signs and posters will be posted around campus reminding campers and staff to social distance, wash hands, and wear face coverings
- All staffed will be trained on all safety protocols
- Clean and disinfect bathrooms regularly
- CRC is recommending campers and staff self-quarantine for 14 days before camp attendance
How much does the DAY CAMP cost and what is included?
$970. Included are 5 days of challenging Irish dance classes by professional instructors, Bonus Workshops, Pilates, Daily warm-ups and stretches, camp counselor, 24-hour medical attendants on premises, Fully stocked infirmary on grounds for campers, Lifeguard watch during swim times, Three meals served daily, Camp t-shirt, nightly social activities, “Showcase Night” performed by campers and counselors, Camp disco and more!
Where is Day CAMP taking place?
Gavin’s Irish County Inn near East Durham, NY. 118 Golden Hill Rd, Cornwallville, NY 12418
Will the DAY CAMP schedule be similar to our overnight camp?
YES! We will have the same schedule, just their bedtime venue will be different. Bonfire night, Trivia, Movie night, Showcase and even disco will happen.
Are you providing meals for campers?
Yes, all 3 meals are included in our day camp price.
We want to attend CRC DAY CAMP but do not live in the area, can we still come?
YES! Gavin’s is closed to camp families during the week, however, we have contacted local resorts and they are providing a discount for CRC parents of $249.99 for 5 nights (Sunday-Thursday night), for 2 in a room (additional fees for higher room occupancy). These resorts are within minute’s drive of day camp venue. Please contact; Blackthorn, Shamrock House and McGraths for more info.
Can a parent bring another child from a different family with them?
Yes, this is fine and should be organized between you and the other family. All we would need is permission for pick-up, which is a form we will make available.
Are you hosting Grade Exams?
Yes, Grades 1-10, a sign-up form will be available next week.
THOMONDGATE PRODUCTIONS, INC
132 MUSCADINE ROAD
SUNSET, LA 70584
Monday - Wednesday, 10:00am - 2:00 pm (CT)
PHONE: (337) 662-5463
FAX: (337) 662-7270
Please make all checks payable to Thomondgate