New York Camp
About CRC’s New York Camp
Our New York facility’s location is just minutes outside New York’s state capital, Albany, NY. Union College is a liberal arts college founded in 1795. Set on 100 acres of beautiful gardens and recreational grounds, Union College offers Camp Rince Ceol the opportunity to expand its wide variety of camp programs while maintaining the intimacy that has made us so successful. Camp Rince Ceol will be utilizing just a small, protected section of the campus. Union College provides 24-hour security and has a medical team on the grounds to assist our medical staff if necessary.
- Double-occupancy, dormitory rooms sharing a common lounge space with another double- occupancy. Communal showers and bath down the hall
- If interested in more than 2 to a room, please call the office directly before June 1st
- LIMITED triple rooms available; first come, first serve
- All campers, counselors, nurses, and camp volunteers are housed in the dormitory
- Campers will share their floor with fellow campers of similar ages
- Males and Female campers/ staff are housed on separate floors
- Union College does not provide air-conditioning in living quarters, campers are permitted to bring small, portable fans.
- Campers who are flying, CRC will gladly provide a personal fan for a refundable deposit of $5.00.
- Campers must supply their own linens and pillows for “college twin” sized mattresses.
Classrooms are air-conditioned
Large theatre department giving us access to large production stages, rehearsal rooms, a beautiful dance center
Intimate dance spaces with Marley flooring
Athletic fitness rooms
Newly renovated Auditorium for lectures, Q & A’s with the instructors, group meeting times etc.
- 3 daily meals will be served in the newly renovated Upper Class Dining hall
- 14 different food and beverage stations including an entire section dedicated to accommodating many dietary needs (Gluten Free, vegetarian, plant based)
- Daily themed meal options, a robust salad bar, grill, pizza, pasta stations and more!
- Upper Class Dining is a peanut/treenut free dining hall
- To discuss your child’s dietary restrictions in depth, email the office
Camp Physical Address:
807 Union St.
Schenectady, NY 12308
Transportation to New York
Directions will be emailed out about a week before camp starts.
Camp Rince Ceol will provide shuttle service, ($50.00 roundtrip) upon request, to/from the Schenectady AMTRAK station on State Street in Schenectady. For more information, you may refer to www.amtrak.com.
Camp Rince Ceol provides shuttle service ($50.00 roundtrip) to/from Albany Airport. For information on airlines that are serviced refer to the website Albany Airport.
We ask that flights be prearranged and coordinated with our shuttle service. All incoming flights must arrive between the hours of 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. Departure flights must leave between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm. We do not make any exceptions for times. Please contact the office with any questions.
If you are flying as an unaccompanied minor and need to provide the airline with information, please contact the camp office for that information. You may provide the airline with the address and phone number above. Information will be available after June 1.
Weekend Supervision (New York only)
CRC does provide supervision for campers that are interested in staying for more than one consecutive week. The price is an additional $310.00 and includes the following:
• Meals, accommodations, and supervision included
• Practice Time*
• Swim time
• Friday night games and popcorn
• Saturday night movie and ice cream — Union College provides transportation to the movie theatre which is within 2 miles of the college
• FREE laundry facilities
*Practice time is available for the campers but the directors have noticed over the years campers like to take the weekend to rest. The weekly activities and dancing can be tiring, and we encourage the weekend campers to rest their bodies as much as possible.
THOMONDGATE PRODUCTIONS, INC
132 MUSCADINE ROAD
SUNSET, LA 70584
Monday - Wednesday, 10:00am - 2:00 pm (CT)
PHONE: (337) 662-5463
FAX: (337) 662-7270
Please make all checks payable to Thomondgate